-   -   Transfer info book1 to book2 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/217632-transfer-info-book1-book2.html)

Israel

Transfer info book1 to book2

Hi,

I have a master spreadsheet with

column"A" 200 rows item#
column "B" id name 200 rows.

I receive a spreadsheet from my client with columns"A to G" 200 rows of
info. The column "B" has the id name as on my master spreadsheet.

How can I insert my item# from Column "A" into my clients spreadsheet.

Please reply.
--
smile

Max

Transfer info book1 to book2

How can I insert my item# from Column "A" into my clients spreadsheet.

You could use index/match, as explained in responses given to your previous
query. Please feedback and close off all your queries by clicking the YES
buttons below for responses made.
--
Max
Singapore

Israel

Transfer info book1 to book2

Hello Max,

Thank you for your reply. But I am still out in the cold, I did not receive
a reply for my previous inquiry so I tried to explain it in a different
approach. Sorry for the bother but if you will please reply with a detailed
instruction.

Again I thank you in advance.
Thank you
--
smile

"Max" wrote:

How can I insert my item# from Column "A" into my clients spreadsheet.

You could use index/match, as explained in responses given to your previous
query. Please feedback and close off all your queries by clicking the YES
buttons below for responses made.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:22,500 Files:370 Subscribers:66
xdemechanik
---

Max

Transfer info book1 to book2

Here's my response to your earlier query:

In Sheet2,
Assuming data starts in row2 down, and you want to extract it into col D
In D2:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(G2,Sheet1!G:G,0)),"",INDEX(Sheet1!D :D,MATCH(G2,Sheet1!G:G,0)))
Copy D2 down to extract data from Sheet1's col D* for the matched values in
col G.
*that's the col specified in this part: .. INDEX(Sheet1!D:D

The above will do the job even if the order of the match values in col G in
both Sheet1/2 are different
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:22,500 Files:370 Subscribers:66
xdemechanik
---
"israel" wrote:
I have now an urgent request for help. I have 2 spreadsheets each 10
columns and 500 rows. Column "G" is identical all other columns have
different information. I have to combine the two spreadsheets.

Rather I have to insert column "D" from spreadsheet 1 to spreadsheet 2.
Column "G" is indentical in both spreadsheets.