-   -   Change in font and color (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/217375-change-font-color.html)

dberger16

Change in font and color

I have a spreadsheet and the font is all one type and color. Now I want to
add more data in in certain columns, but with all the new data i want in a
different font and color. how do i change the font and color for all of the
new data going forwards.

Thanks.

--
DaveB

Gord Dibben

Change in font and color

Select the cells you will be adding more data to and change the formatting.

You could do that automatically using event code.

Where do you currently have formatted data and where would you be entering
new data?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:04:01 -0800, dberger16 wrote:

I have a spreadsheet and the font is all one type and color. Now I want to
add more data in in certain columns, but with all the new data i want in a
different font and color. how do i change the font and color for all of the
new data going forwards.

Thanks.

dleo

Change in font and color

Event code might be a little difficult. I suggest you just enter in the data
as you would otherwise and then afterward, highlight what needs to be changed
and go to Format -- Cells.

"dberger16" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet and the font is all one type and color. Now I want to
add more data in in certain columns, but with all the new data i want in a
different font and color. how do i change the font and color for all of the
new data going forwards.

Thanks.

--
DaveB

Gord Dibben

Change in font and color

Why do you consider event code a little difficult?

Would be easy enough to identify cells that are currently filled and any
newly filled cells would take on the new formatting.

Although I agree that simply manually formatting may be easiest method.

Gord

"dberger16" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet and the font is all one type and color. Now I want to
add more data in in certain columns, but with all the new data i want in a
different font and color. how do i change the font and color for all of the
new data going forwards.

Thanks.

--
DaveB

dleo

Change in font and color

I meant that for beginners, event code might not be the way to go. Manual
formatting is a lot easier.