-   -   Changing column size w/o losing text (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/21733-changing-column-size-w-o-losing-text.html)

Carrie

Changing column size w/o losing text

I am trying to change column width at the bottom of my worksheet (i.e. row
15), but then it also changes the column width in row 1 - my title which I
have set at a larger font, then I lose the text in my title. I can I lock
certain cells in same column so that it won't change other cells width?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Carrie

JE McGimpsey

As implied by the term "column width", width is a property of the
column, not individual cells.

If you want one cell wider, you can merge it with the cell next to it,
but that usually leads to more problems than it's worth.

In article ,
Carrie wrote:

I am trying to change column width at the bottom of my worksheet (i.e. row
15), but then it also changes the column width in row 1 - my title which I
have set at a larger font, then I lose the text in my title. I can I lock
certain cells in same column so that it won't change other cells width?
Thank you for any help you can give me.

gls858

Carrie wrote:
I am trying to change column width at the bottom of my worksheet (i.e. row
15), but then it also changes the column width in row 1 - my title which I
have set at a larger font, then I lose the text in my title. I can I lock
certain cells in same column so that it won't change other cells width?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Carrie

Not sure what you're putting on row 15 but you might want to take a look
at page setup Header/Footer. This will allow you to put the Title in the
header and possibly the content from row 15 in the footer.

gls858

Gord Dibben

You can also try "center across selection" for the title row or Row 15.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP