-   -   Formula problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/217260-formula-problem.html)

Niroo

Formula problem

Hi,

I have entered a small formula in a cell =A1+B1 the result is also fine but
if i have edit the formula i have to again type the entire thing.
Is there a shortcut to this where i can easily do the editing of the
formula, i guess i am missing something out here.

Suleman Peerzade[_2_]

Formula problem

Hi,

I guess you are not able to see the formula in the formula bar if it is so
then go to Tools|Options|View|check the formula bar check box|ok
--
_______________________
Click "Yes" if it helps

"Niroo" wrote:

Hi,

I have entered a small formula in a cell =A1+B1 the result is also fine but
if i have edit the formula i have to again type the entire thing.
Is there a shortcut to this where i can easily do the editing of the
formula, i guess i am missing something out here.

Bernard Liengme

Formula problem

Double click the cell; you should see the word "Edit" in the status bar. Now
you can edit the formula.
Alternatively, select the cell and press F2 to open Edit mode
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP