-   -   worksheet cell color change (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/21699-worksheet-cell-color-change.html)

jimemma

worksheet cell color change

i need to make a cell with an expiration date change colors after that date
has passed.

example: I have a cell with 04/11/05 and I need to make that cell font turn
from black to red after that date has passed.

Don Guillett

Have a look at
formatconditional format

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"jimemma" wrote in message
i need to make a cell with an expiration date change colors after that

date
has passed.

example: I have a cell with 04/11/05 and I need to make that cell font

turn
from black to red after that date has passed.

Ron de Bruin

Hi

Use CF
See Debra's site for a example
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"jimemma" wrote in message ...
i need to make a cell with an expiration date change colors after that date
has passed.

example: I have a cell with 04/11/05 and I need to make that cell font turn
from black to red after that date has passed.

Gord Dibben

You can use FormatConditional Formatting for this.

Click on the cell and CFCell Value is: greater than 4/11/2005

FormatFontRed

Note: the value will change to 38453 from 4/11/2005 if you back in to alter.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP