-   -   How to paste text into a comment box using toolbar commands (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/216859-how-paste-text-into-comment-box-using-toolbar-commands.html)

Halifax

How to paste text into a comment box using toolbar commands

I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet.
I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet.
Thanks for your help .....

Gordon[_6_]

"Halifax" wrote in message
I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet.
I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet.
Thanks for your help .....

I don't see the problem. Copy the text, and in the new worksheet paste into
a comment...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Gary''s Student

How to paste text into a comment box using toolbar commands

The trick is to use the formula bar

Say we have text in A1 thru A5

1. in B1 enter:
=A1&A2&A3&A4&A5

2. copy B1 and paste/special/values in B2
B2 contains the concatenated text

3. click on B2 and hi-light the text in the formula bar
then touch CNTRL-c

4. on the new worksheet, insert a comment and touch CNTRL-v
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200827

"Halifax" wrote:

I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet.
I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet.
Thanks for your help .....

Bernard Liengme

How to paste text into a comment box using toolbar commands

Why use two cells? Paste Special back into B1
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Halifax" wrote:

I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet.
I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet.
Thanks for your help .....

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

How to paste text into a comment box using toolbar commands

Hi,

I see your problem, you want to copy all the data with one command.

Here's a strange trick:
1. Highlight the range and choose copy
2. Open Word and choose Paste.
3. Select the Word data and choose copy
4. Move into the comment on the other Excel spreadsheet and choose Paste.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire