-   -   Balance showing as ##### - newbie needs help. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/216080-balance-showing-newbie-needs-help.html)

Terri[_2_]

Balance showing as ##### - newbie needs help.

I have a simple set up - date - debit - credit - balance. My total has now
gone to over 10,000 and it is showing up as ######## - how do I correct this
in very simple terms please as someone helped me in setting this up and I am
not too familiar with Excel 2003.
Thanks..

Gordon[_6_]

"Terri" wrote in message
I have a simple set up - date - debit - credit - balance. My total has now
gone to over 10,000 and it is showing up as ######## - how do I correct
this in very simple terms please as someone helped me in setting this up
and I am not too familiar with Excel 2003.
Thanks..

Your column may be too narrow. Drag it wider. (At the top....)

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Terri[_2_]

Balance showing as ##### - newbie needs help.

Oh - I can't believe it - never thought of it and this was very stupid of
me. Thank you.

"Terri" wrote in message
Oh - I can't believe it - never thought of it and this was very stupid of
me. Thank you.

Not at all - there are other reasons, but that's the simplest to check!

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Balance showing as ##### - newbie needs help.

Hi,

the fastest way to best fit a column is to double-click between the column
letters. You can best fit multiple columns by selecting all the column
letters of the columns you want to best fit and then double-click between any
of the selected column letters. (your mouse will change to a vertical line
with two-headed horizontal arrows when you are in the correct place between
the column letters.)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire