-   -   try to enter normal number but get this instead 9.10115E+21 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/216030-try-enter-normal-number-but-get-instead-9-10115e-21-a.html)

flowers

try to enter normal number but get this instead 9.10115E+21

I'm trying to make a list of delivery confirmation numbers but when I put the
number in it automatically changes it to 9.10015E+21. I also tried a
different format but it just changed the numbers at the end to all 0000000.
How can I just get it to show the whole number I type in?

Gordon[_6_]

"flowers" wrote in message
I'm trying to make a list of delivery confirmation numbers but when I put
the
number in it automatically changes it to 9.10015E+21. I also tried a
different format but it just changed the numbers at the end to all
0000000.
How can I just get it to show the whole number I type in?

Excel has a limit on the number of digits you can input for one
number....nothing you can do AFAIK.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Bernard Liengme

try to enter normal number but get this instead 9.10115E+21

What you are entering is not really a number (no math will ever be done on
it); it is just a string of digits. So enter it by:
a) first formatting the cell as Text
OR
b) preceding it with a single quote (apostrophe) as in '91011523456 to make
it text; the quote will not show in the cell, nor will it be printed.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"flowers" wrote in message
I'm trying to make a list of delivery confirmation numbers but when I put
the
number in it automatically changes it to 9.10015E+21. I also tried a
different format but it just changed the numbers at the end to all
0000000.
How can I just get it to show the whole number I type in?

Suleman Peerzade[_2_]

try to enter normal number but get this instead 9.10115E+21

Select the range of the cell you want to enter the data into and then right
click formattingGeneralOk

That should solve your problem
--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade

"flowers" wrote:

I'm trying to make a list of delivery confirmation numbers but when I put the
number in it automatically changes it to 9.10015E+21. I also tried a
different format but it just changed the numbers at the end to all 0000000.
How can I just get it to show the whole number I type in?

Bernard Liengme

try to enter normal number but get this instead 9.10115E+21

Not is more than 15 digits are entered!
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP