-   -   Should I update to Excel ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/214731-should-i-update-excel.html)

SteveUK

Should I update to Excel ?

Hello
This is my first message on this forum.
I am not really a computer person but I do use a computer especially Works
version 7 spreadsheet to do my accounts. I do not have Excel but
I am consideing buying the Excel update.
If I do this what happens to my existing works spreadsheet files ?
Do they become unusable, or do they become automatically converted to Excel ?
Or can I continue to use them as works files ?
Thanks very much for any one who takes the trouble to reply
Steve
--
Thank you from someone who is not a computer person

Don Guillett

Should I update to Excel ?

If you look at your saveas options you should see that you may save as a
..xls file. So, you could actually have both the works and the .xls excel
file. You will like the expanded usefulness of Excel.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel