-   -   a simple count question ... ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/214663-simple-count-question.html)

Dave Horne

a simple count question ... ?

I'm using Excel 2007 and in column A I have a list of items that I wish to
have a total count of. I have spaces (empty cells) between some items in
column A to make it easier to group (and to see) but was wondering if
there's a way to count the cells that only contain info.

In case I haven't described this clearly, I don't want an addition of these
items (they're words and not numbers), I just want to know how many cells in
column A contain data.

Thanks, Dave Horne

Per Jessen

a simple count question ... ?

Hi Dave

=COUNTA(A1:A100)

Regards,
Per

"Dave Horne" skrev i meddelelsen
I'm using Excel 2007 and in column A I have a list of items that I wish to
have a total count of. I have spaces (empty cells) between some items in
column A to make it easier to group (and to see) but was wondering if
there's a way to count the cells that only contain info.

In case I haven't described this clearly, I don't want an addition of
these items (they're words and not numbers), I just want to know how many
cells in column A contain data.

Thanks, Dave Horne

Dave Horne

a simple count question ... ?

Per, thank you! It worked like a charm. Dave Horne