-   -   Remove words (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/213667-remove-words.html)

dk

Remove words

We would like to have a if statement to remove the last word of column a is
the same word appears in column B. even though it does want more than one
word in column a so basically the if statement is going to be if the last
word of column a is the same of column B. delete only the last word in column
Thank You

Max

Remove words

For possibly better answers, post some sample data and the expected results
to illustrate your description.

Per Jessen

Remove words

Hi

Try this formula in column C:

=IF(RIGHT(A1,LEN(B1))=B1,LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-LEN(B1)),A1)

Hopes it helps

Regards,
Per