-   -   Remittance Advice (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/212628-remittance-advice.html)

Gaffnr

Remittance Advice

Hi, I have a data extract that I can draw from a main system into Excel (or
CSV or txt file). From this, I wanted to build a remittance advice into
word, in a special layout.

The file will be along the lines of:

Supplier number, name, address line 1, line 2, city, post code, invoice #,
inv amount, currency.

The data will be for mutliple suppliers, some with mutliple invoices.

Is it possible to create a data merge that puts the supplier address in
certain places on the word doc, the same with the invoice details and makes a
total. Each supplier will start a new page - is this possible?

Rob
--
Rob Gaffney

Gordon[_6_]

Remittance Advice

"Gaffnr" wrote in message
Hi, I have a data extract that I can draw from a main system into Excel
(or
CSV or txt file). From this, I wanted to build a remittance advice into
word, in a special layout.

The file will be along the lines of:

Supplier number, name, address line 1, line 2, city, post code, invoice #,
inv amount, currency.

The data will be for mutliple suppliers, some with mutliple invoices.

Is it possible to create a data merge that puts the supplier address in
certain places on the word doc, the same with the invoice details and
makes a
total. Each supplier will start a new page - is this possible?

Why are you trying to re-invent the wheel? There are plenty of accounting
programs for small businesses, not expensive, that will do all this and
more.
Much easier and painless to use one of those.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Gaffnr

Remittance Advice

tell me about it but our ERP does not handle it - can you believe it. A
multi national piece of software too!

--
Rob Gaffney

"Gaffnr" wrote in message
tell me about it but our ERP does not handle it - can you believe it. A
multi national piece of software too!

Interesting. As a recently retired Systems and Management Accountant would
you like to divulge the name of this apparent piece of rubbish?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Gaffnr

Remittance Advice

If you know systems, then the founders Jack, Dan and Eddy should be good
enough!
--
Rob Gaffney

"Gaffnr" wrote in message
If you know systems, then the founders Jack, Dan and Eddy should be good
enough!

Do you know that they sold their systems in Europe with NO VAT MODULE? I
had to extract VAT data using ODBF drivers and compile the VAT return from
that!
I would NEVER recommend that pile of sh*te to anyone.
The only reason we had it was the previous IT director had a "thing" about
AS400s and the only three things that would run on them were BPECS which we
wanted rid of for Y2K reasons, SAP, which was too big, and this.
Do you know, it went through Dec 31/Jan 1 1999/2000 ok, Feb 29 2000 ok, but
fell over Dec 31 2000/Jan 1 1002? And what did their "support" say?

You won't believe this........

"Yes we know about this. Tell us if you find out what causes it"!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level