-   -   run total in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/211849-run-total-excel.html)

grizzly6969

run total in excel

Iis there a formula that will keep a running total in excel
example:
C2=5 B2=5 total in A2 =10 now if I change C2 to 8 then A2 will be 18 and
if I change B2 to 12 then A2 will = 30
I dont want to use VBA if at all possible
--
grizz

John[_22_]

run total in excel

Hi Grizzly
In A2 type =c2+b2
Any number you will type in C2 & b2 will be added to A2
Regards
John
"grizzly6969" wrote in message
Iis there a formula that will keep a running total in excel
example:
C2=5 B2=5 total in A2 =10 now if I change C2 to 8 then A2 will be 18
and
if I change B2 to 12 then A2 will = 30
I dont want to use VBA if at all possible
--
grizz

grizzly6969

run total in excel

Thanks John but this will not keep a running total. - this will only add the
two numbers put in B2 and C2 together
--
grizz

"grizzly6969" wrote:

Iis there a formula that will keep a running total in excel
example:
C2=5 B2=5 total in A2 =10 now if I change C2 to 8 then A2 will be 18 and
if I change B2 to 12 then A2 will = 30
I dont want to use VBA if at all possible
--
grizz

John[_22_]

run total in excel

Hi Grizzly
Sorry but I would need more information to help you.But
take a look at this site, its small videos on excel basic functions.
They are short and very good, this may help you.
Regards
John
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...h_t ype=&aq=f

"grizzly6969" wrote:

Iis there a formula that will keep a running total in excel
example:
C2=5 B2=5 total in A2 =10 now if I change C2 to 8 then A2 will be 18
and
if I change B2 to 12 then A2 will = 30
I dont want to use VBA if at all possible
--
grizz

AnotherNewGuy

run total in excel

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but . . .

Assume your numbers are in column A starting with A1. In B1 put =A1. Then
in B2 put =B1+A2 and copy that down as far as you need in B.

The end result will look sort of like:

4 4
5 9
5 14