-   -   Unprotecting Sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/211597-re-unprotecting-sheets.html)

Zee[_2_]

Unprotecting Sheets

Is it possible to unprotect all sheets in a workbook at the same time?

galimi

Unprotecting Sheets

Zee,

You could use VBA to cycle through all the sheets that are protected and
unprotect them that way. Don't think it is possible without code.
--
http://www.ExcelHelp.us

888-MY-ETHER ext. 01781474

"Zee" wrote:

Is it possible to unprotect all sheets in a workbook at the same time?

Zee[_2_]

Unprotecting Sheets

Unfortunately I am not very familiar with VBA and therefore am not sure what
to enter into the editor to accomplish this.

"Zee" wrote:

Is it possible to unprotect all sheets in a workbook at the same time?

galimi

Unprotecting Sheets

Zee,

The following code should do it:

public sub unlock
for each sht in thisworkbook.sheets
sht.unprotect
next
end sub
--
http://www.ExcelHelp.us

Call me at
1-888-MY-ETHER ext. 01781474

"Zee" wrote:

Is it possible to unprotect all sheets in a workbook at the same time?

Zee[_2_]

Unprotecting Sheets

Hi Galimi,

I tried pasting the code into the VB editor and the first line states an
error.

Thanks

"Zee" wrote:

Is it possible to unprotect all sheets in a workbook at the same time?

Simon Lloyd[_20_]

Unprotecting Sheets

If they have a password un comment the password section and change
mypassword for your password, the code goes in a standard module.

Sub Ulock_Sheets()
Dim Sh as worksheet
For each sh in sheets
sh.unprotect 'password:="mypassword"
next sh
end sub

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=33860

Gord Dibben

Unprotecting Sheets

unlock is a reserved word.

Try...............

public sub un_lock()
Dim sht as Worksheet
for each sht in thisworkbook.sheets
sht.unprotect
next
end sub

If the sheets have the same password you could use...........

Sub UnprotectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim N As Single
For N = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(N).Unprotect Password:="password" 'edit to your actual pword
Next N
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP