-   -   Typing in cells: New Paragraph ?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/211253-typing-cells-new-paragraph.html)

Frustrated Word User

Typing in cells: New Paragraph ??

I am fairly new to Excel and this may be a very basic question, so I
thank you in advance.

I would like to type in a single cell, and be able to start a new line
in that cell. Usually this can be accomplished in every other program
by either pressing; return, enter, shift+enter, or (less than
sign)p(greater than sign).

How in the world can this be done in this mysterious Excel program??

I appreciate any help, as I have no idea how to even search for this
question.

Thanks.

Joanna

--
Frustrated Word User

Rick Rothstein

Typing in cells: New Paragraph ??

Try using Alt+Enter

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Frustrated Word User" m
wrote in message news:Frustrated.Word.User.36cad14@officefrustratio n.com...

I am fairly new to Excel and this may be a very basic question, so I
thank you in advance.

I would like to type in a single cell, and be able to start a new line
in that cell. Usually this can be accomplished in every other program
by either pressing; return, enter, shift+enter, or (less than
sign)p(greater than sign).

How in the world can this be done in this mysterious Excel program??

I appreciate any help, as I have no idea how to even search for this
question.

Thanks.

Joanna

--