Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I copy info in one cell to another worksheet?

I am trying to copy text information from one sheet to another, the first
sheet cell location is B5, the second sheet cell is A3. I tried the formula
from "Bob I" ie, enter an = sign on sheet 2, tab to sheet 1 and place the
cursor over the selected "copy" cell, and hit enter. I get the ='Pricing
Sheet'!B4 in sheet 2, I have gone back to sheet 1, deleted then reentered the
info, and still have the "pricing sheet" sign. I need help copying the info.
Does anyone know how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

1. If you are trying to copy, then click on B5 in the first sheet, click the
Copy toolbar button (or press Ctrl+c)
2. Select cell A3 on the second sheet and click the Paste toolbar button or
press Ctrl+v.
3. If you want cell A3 to always pick up the data in B5, then replace step
2 above with - select cell A3 on the second sheet and choose the command
Edit, Paste Special, and click the Paste Link button at the bottom left of
the dialog box.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire