Dan

Default Why Excel doens't display all text in a cell

I have quite a bit text entered in a cell. But Excel doesn't display all. I
tried wrap text, merge cell, but none worked. All text is in there when I
click the cell. How can I make it display all? Thanks.

Dave Peterson

If you add alt-enters to your text (to force new lines within the cell), you can
see more of the text.

--

Dave Peterson

Paul B

Dan, I think that Only 1,024 characters will display in a cell
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Dan" wrote in message
I have quite a bit text entered in a cell. But Excel doesn't display all. I
tried wrap text, merge cell, but none worked. All text is in there when I
click the cell. How can I make it display all? Thanks.

George Gee

Dan

Is your text aligned to the left?

George Gee

*Dan* has posted this message:

Dan wrote:

I have quite a bit text entered in a cell. But Excel doesn't
display all. I tried wrap text, merge cell, but none worked. All
text is in there when I click the cell. How can I make it display
all? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Did you adjust the row height manually?

Alt-enter is what I used.

"Dan" wrote in message
I have quite a bit text entered in a cell. But Excel doesn't display

all. I
tried wrap text, merge cell, but none worked. All text is in there

when I
click the cell. How can I make it display all? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Dan

Yes. I got margin instead of text at top no matter how big I made it.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Did you adjust the row height manually?

Alt-enter is what I used.

Paul B wrote:

Dan, I think that Only 1,024 characters will display in a cell
--
Paul B
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit

from it
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Dan" wrote in message
I have quite a bit text entered in a cell. But Excel doesn't

display
all. I
tried wrap text, merge cell, but none worked. All text is in there

when I
click the cell. How can I make it display all? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

How many characters are in that cell:

=len(a1)
if the cell is a1

How many alt-enters did you insert? I've found every 80-100 characters helps.

Dan wrote:

Yes. I got margin instead of text at top no matter how big I made it.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Did you adjust the row height manually?

Alt-enter is what I used.

"Dan" wrote in message
I have quite a bit text entered in a cell. But Excel doesn't

display
all. I
tried wrap text, merge cell, but none worked. All text is in there
when I
click the cell. How can I make it display all? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Dan

Dan wrote:

Yes. I got margin instead of text at top no matter how big I made it.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Did you adjust the row height manually?

Alt-enter is what I used.

"Dan" wrote in message
I have quite a bit text entered in a cell. But Excel doesn't

display
all. I
tried wrap text, merge cell, but none worked. All text is in

there
when I
click the cell. How can I make it display all? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dan

length: 1752. alt-enter: 3. I didn't have alt-enter within paragraphs cause
I wanted them to wrap accordingly when width changed.

Dan wrote:

Yes. I got margin instead of text at top no matter how big I made it.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Did you adjust the row height manually?

Alt-enter is what I used.

"Dan" wrote in message
I have quite a bit text entered in a cell. But Excel doesn't

display
all. I
tried wrap text, merge cell, but none worked. All text is in

there
when I
click the cell. How can I make it display all? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I think you have a choice to make. Insert lots more alt-enters or live with
what you see.

I don't know of any other way.

(well, how about a text box?)

Dan wrote:

Yes. I got margin instead of text at top no matter how big I made it.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Did you adjust the row height manually?

Alt-enter is what I used.

"Dan" wrote in message
I have quite a bit text entered in a cell. But Excel doesn't
display
all. I
tried wrap text, merge cell, but none worked. All text is in

there
when I
click the cell. How can I make it display all? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Dan

Thanks, Dave.

Dan wrote:

Yes. I got margin instead of text at top no matter how big I made

it.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Did you adjust the row height manually?

Alt-enter is what I used.