-   -   Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/209620-need-reference-block-cells-another-sheet.html)

Kardon Coupé

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.

Dear All,

apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what
'search terms' to put in google to return any results..

I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12 (sheet)
to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12 (sheet),
tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move
location, just the data within them..

Is it possible?

Regards
Paul.

JMay

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.

On your sheet1 select the cell that should receive the data from Sheet12;
Hold down the Shift key and Click on Sheet11 << this should Group S1-S11;
enter =Sheet12!A1
Ungroup your sheets QUICKLY so you don;t forget (they are grouped),

Does tha work for you?

"Kardon Coupé" wrote:

Dear All,

apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what
'search terms' to put in google to return any results..

I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12 (sheet)
to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12 (sheet),
tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move
location, just the data within them..

Is it possible?

Regards
Paul.

JMay

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.

Before Ungrouping your sheets - Copy and Paste (to get the links on all the
grouped sheets) - Then Ungroup

"Kardon Coupé" wrote:

Dear All,

apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what
'search terms' to put in google to return any results..

I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12 (sheet)
to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12 (sheet),
tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move
location, just the data within them..

Is it possible?

Regards
Paul.

Kardon Coupé

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.

That doesn't seem to work with multiple cells (which are formated, into some
merged, etc)

Basically, I have (and this is exact)

Sheet 12, contains the data I want to be able to change and reflect into the
other 11 sheets...

So, on Sheet 12, Block A1 to I1 across and A67 to AA67 bottom line (so A1 is
top left corner, and AA67 is bottom right corner) will be referenced to A39
to I39 and A56 to I56 (A39 being top and I56 bottom right) on the other 11
Sheets. (same location on the other 11 sheets)

and from Sheet 12, I want to take A19 to AA19 across and A67 to AA67 bottom
line (so A19 is top left corner and AA67 is bottom right corner) will be
referenced to S7 to AS7 across and S55 to AS55 bottom line (so S7 is the top
left corner and AS55 is the bottom right) on the other 11 sheets (same
location on the 11 sheets)...(there is also S63 to AS63 & S111 to AS111,
that will get this copied from sheet 12, but if I know the principle, I'll
be able to sort that bit)

But like I said, all the cells are formatted, i.e. a 2 by 2 cell block looks
like one cell, as I've merged and wrapped text in the format options.

Thanks in advanced.

"Kardon Coupé" wrote:

Dear All,

apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what
'search terms' to put in google to return any results..

I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12
(sheet)
to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12
(sheet),
tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move
location, just the data within them..

Is it possible?

Regards
Paul.

ShaneDevenshire

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.

Hi,

If you select all of the source cells and choose Copy

Then a differenent location, with the other 11 sheets grouped, you can
choose Edit, Paste, to bring the cell structure over and then choose Edit,
Paste Special, Paste Links to bring the links over.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Kardon Coupé" wrote:

Dear All,

apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what
'search terms' to put in google to return any results..

I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12
(sheet)
to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12
(sheet),
tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move
location, just the data within them..

Is it possible?

Regards
Paul.

Kardon Coupé

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.

When I group all the tabs together, the Paste Link is ghosted out? plus when
I do individual pages, certains aspects of the cells don't change when I
change the source cells??

I think I'm doing something wrong.

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote in
message ...

"Kardon Coupé" wrote:

Dear All,

apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know
what
'search terms' to put in google to return any results..

I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12
(sheet)
to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12
(sheet),
tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never
move
location, just the data within them..

Is it possible?

Regards
Paul.

ShaneDevenshire

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.

Hi,

I suspect I wasn't clear. You can do the paste command to bring over
formats, formulas and such to the grouped sheets. But for paste line you
need to do each sheet separately. But that's not hard because you do a copy
and with one sheet selected do a paste link, select the next sheet and do
paste link. Just repeat the paste link on each sheet.

Next point, when you change something on the source sheet it may not change
on the other sheets, for example formatting doesn't carry over with formulas
only the content of the cell will update with paste links.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Kardon Coupé" wrote:

Dear All,

apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know
what
'search terms' to put in google to return any results..

I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12
(sheet)
to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12
(sheet),
tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never
move
location, just the data within them..

Is it possible?

Regards
Paul.

Kardon Coupé

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.

I did it individually, and any cells from the source sheet, if they were
changed, reflected in the other sheets, but any cells that were blank in the
source sheet didn't update on the pasted sheet, when the source sheet was
changed?