-   -   Defining a table (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/209465-defining-table.html)

edwino2007

Defining a table

Hi I am defining a table using Excel e.g where the headings are regions,
customers, etc. How can I move the headings, regions, customers, etc,
and shown them on top of the columns instead of the A,B,C columns.
Thanks.

--
edwino2007

John C[_2_]

Defining a table

A, B, C, (or if you are running xl in R1C1 format, 1, 2, 3) is how excel
essentially works. You really can't. If you don't like it, you could always
go under Tools|Options, View tab, and uncheck Row & Column headers. (assuming
you are not using xl2007).
If you really are a new user, I don't recommend it, as your formulas require
Row and Column references.
If, as I suspect, the main thing you are concerned about is scrolling and
losing sight of your headers, then, click in cell A2, and go to menu
Window|Freeze Panes, and this will 'lock' row 1 at the top of the screen.
--
** John C **

"edwino2007" wrote:

Hi I am defining a table using Excel e.g where the headings are regions,
customers, etc. How can I move the headings, regions, customers, etc,
and shown them on top of the columns instead of the A,B,C columns.
Thanks.

--
edwino2007

Sheeloo[_3_]

Defining a table

Include the headers while selecting the data and creating the table...
Choose 'My table has headers'

"edwino2007" wrote:

Hi I am defining a table using Excel e.g where the headings are regions,
customers, etc. How can I move the headings, regions, customers, etc,
and shown them on top of the columns instead of the A,B,C columns.
Thanks.

--
edwino2007

ShaneDevenshire

Defining a table

Hi,

i think I follow what you want. This can be done in Excel 2007 but not in
earlier versions. In 2007 when you have made a range into a table AND you
scroll down far enought, within the table, and can't see the titles the
column letters will change to the Table Header titles. Once you can see them
again, this feature turns off, as it does if you are outside the table.

In earlier versions the best you can do is Freeze Panes.

If this helps, please click the yes button
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"edwino2007" wrote:

Hi I am defining a table using Excel e.g where the headings are regions,
customers, etc. How can I move the headings, regions, customers, etc,
and shown them on top of the columns instead of the A,B,C columns.
Thanks.

--
edwino2007

edwino2007[_2_]

Defining a table

Thank you it was very helpful. You said that if it was helpful to click
the yes buttom, but i could not find it. Thanks again

"edwino2007" wrote:
-

Hi I am defining a table using Excel e.g where the headings are
regions,
customers, etc. How can I move the headings, regions, customers, etc,
and shown them on top of the columns instead of the A,B,C columns.
Thanks.

--
edwino2007
-

--
edwino2007

Max

Defining a table

The "Yes" buttons for rating responses are available in MS' webpages

For your posting, you could click this link to reach it in MS' webpages:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...4-0ec16f69dc90

--
Max
Singapore