-   -   splitting cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/209370-splitting-cells.html)

Bitter Clinger

splitting cells

I use Excel 2002 with XP Pro SP3. I seem to remember that in Excel '97 you
could split a cell, but I can't seem to be able find a way to do this in
Excel 2002. Am I missing something here or can't you split a cell into two
smaller cells anymore? Didn't you used to be able to do this in Excel 97,
or is my memory not what it once used to be?

Mike

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

splitting cells

The latter, you cannot split a cell in 2 smaller.
You can parse out text (or numbers) that it is in once cell
into multiple cells where you would use either datatext to columns or text
formulas.

Peo Sjoblom

"Bitter Clinger" wrote in message
I use Excel 2002 with XP Pro SP3. I seem to remember that in Excel '97 you
could split a cell, but I can't seem to be able find a way to do this in
Excel 2002. Am I missing something here or can't you split a cell into two
smaller cells anymore? Didn't you used to be able to do this in Excel 97,
or is my memory not what it once used to be?

Mike

ShaneDevenshire

splitting cells

Hi,

What you are asking to do can't be done in Excel and has never been
possible. You may be remembering Word, which can split a cell into two
smaller cells or Apple puts out a spreadsheet that does allow splitting of
cells, if my memory serves me correctly.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire