-   -   newline (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/207015-newline.html)

Tree*Rat

newline

in my input box the question is long and need to split it down. How do i
get this

"please enter name of guests - First name, last name sperated buy a
comma"

to this

"Please enter guests name"
"First name, last name"
""
"Seperated by a comma"

current code
------------
GuestName = InputBox("please enter name of guests - First name, last
name sperated buy a comma", "Enter name")

big thx

RonaldoOneNil

newline

GuestName = InputBox("Please enter name of guests" & vbCrLf & "First name,
last
name" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "separated by a comma", "Enter name")

"Tree*Rat" wrote:

in my input box the question is long and need to split it down. How do i
get this

"please enter name of guests - First name, last name sperated buy a
comma"

to this

"Please enter guests name"
"First name, last name"
""
"Seperated by a comma"

current code
------------
GuestName = InputBox("please enter name of guests - First name, last
name sperated buy a comma", "Enter name")

big thx

gls858

newline

Tree*Rat wrote:
in my input box the question is long and need to split it down. How do i
get this

"please enter name of guests - First name, last name sperated buy a
comma"

to this

"Please enter guests name"
"First name, last name"
""
"Seperated by a comma"

current code
------------
GuestName = InputBox("please enter name of guests - First name, last
name sperated buy a comma", "Enter name")

big thx

Usually it's best to store the first name and last name as separate fields.

gls858

Tree*Rat

newline

gls858 wrote in
:

Tree*Rat wrote:
in my input box the question is long and need to split it down. How
do i get this

"please enter name of guests - First name, last name sperated buy a
comma"

to this

"Please enter guests name"
"First name, last name"
""
"Seperated by a comma"

current code
------------
GuestName = InputBox("please enter name of guests - First name, last
name sperated buy a comma", "Enter name")

big thx

Usually it's best to store the first name and last name as separate
fields.

gls858

they will be stored as seperate fields as I will split the input. hence
the comma. But thanks anyway!

Rick Rothstein

newline

How will your code split these two names (both are friends of mine)?

Joseph Della Rossa (Della Rossa is his last name)

Mary Anne Whitfield (Mary Anne is her first name)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Tree*Rat" wrote in message
6.253...
gls858 wrote in
:

Rick Rothstein wrote:
How will your code split these two names (both are friends of mine)?

Joseph Della Rossa (Della Rossa is his last name)

Mary Anne Whitfield (Mary Anne is her first name)

Rick Rothstein

newline

Your comment did not come through with your posting...

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

Rick Rothstein wrote:
Your comment did not come through with your posting...

No comment other than snide remark I decided to cancel and
I hit the send button by mistake.

gls858

Rick Rothstein

newline

I'd be interested in your remark (snide or otherwise)... did my posting not
point out a problem with the OP's approach (and which, in its own way,
backed up your suggestion that the OP should consider putting the names in
separate fields)?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

Rick Rothstein wrote:
I'd be interested in your remark (snide or otherwise)... did my posting
not point out a problem with the OP's approach (and which, in its own
way, backed up your suggestion that the OP should consider putting the
names in separate fields)?

Nope you are absolutely correct! My comment would have been about the OP
already having his mind made up. Your comment was much more useful since
it gave an example of the problems the OP would face with his method.

gls858