-   -   How do I set the scroll area in excel2 007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/206745-how-do-i-set-scroll-area-excel2-007-a.html)

PeterBelgie

How do I set the scroll area in excel2 007

Gordon[_6_]

How do I set the scroll area in excel2 007

"PeterBelgie" wrote in message
nothing

Please write you question in the BIG WHITE SPACE.
Thank you.

What do you mean exactly by "the scroll area"?

Andy Pope

How do I set the scroll area in excel2 007

Hi,

The same way as in xl2003.
If you used the Properties window as displayed on the Controls Toolbox
toolbar you will need to have the Developers tab displayed.

Office button Excel Options Popular Show developer tab in Ribbon

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"PeterBelgie" wrote in message

Gord Dibben

How do I set the scroll area in excel2 007

Adding to Andy's reply................

You could set the scrolling area through VBA

Since the scrollarea method does not stick between sessions you will have to
reset it each time you open the workbook.

You may wish to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook
module and specify which worksheet if only one sheet required.

Adjust the sheetname and range to suit.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:F27"
End Sub

Or this in the Thisworkbook module to limit scrollarea on all sheets.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
With ActiveSheet
.ScrollArea = "A1:F27"
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 01:53:01 -0700, PeterBelgie