-   -   auto color cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/206451-auto-color-cells.html)

Bren

auto color cells

i am trying to auto color cells,
For example: i want to change the color of cells A7,B7,C7 when i enter yes
or no into cell D7 or E7
so if i enter yes into D7 or E7 then A7,B7 and C7 would turn green and if i
enter no into D7 or E7 cells A7,B7 and C7 would turn red.

I have looked through the conditional formatting,but most of it is to much
for me.

Thanks
Bren

Don Guillett

auto color cells

select rangescondition 1 FORMULA is
=OR($D$7="yes",$E$7="yes")
format as desired
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Bren" wrote in message
i am trying to auto color cells,
For example: i want to change the color of cells A7,B7,C7 when i enter yes
or no into cell D7 or E7
so if i enter yes into D7 or E7 then A7,B7 and C7 would turn green and if
enter no into D7 or E7 cells A7,B7 and C7 would turn red.

I have looked through the conditional formatting,but most of it is to much
for me.

Thanks
Bren

ShaneDevenshire

auto color cells

Hi,

You need to consider what you want if the user enters yes in D7 and no in E7?

Assuming that is not an issue:
1. Highlight the range A7:C7
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting and choose Formula is from the
first drop down
3. In the next box Enter the formula =OR(D7="yes",E7="yes")
4. Click the Format button on the right and select the patterns tab, choose
a color
5. Click OK once
6. Click Add
7. In the second condition choose Formula is just like step 2
8. In the second box enter the formula =OR(D7="yes",E7="yes")
9. Repeat step 4
10. Click OK twice
--
Thanks,