-   -   DisplayAlerts and ScreenUpdate will not set to False (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/20640-displayalerts-screenupdate-will-not-set-false.html)

Joe at Baso

DisplayAlerts and ScreenUpdate will not set to False

In Excel using VBA code Application.DisplayAlerts = False or
Application.ScreenUpdating = False. I F8 step thru the code and watch the
value of DisplayAlerts. It never reads False. Seems like it worked
yesterday? Is there any setting that would stop this from working?

Joe

Joe at Baso

More info. I had been looking at DisplayAlerts as I stepped thru the code by
placing the mouse curser over the word DisplayAlerts and always said "True".
I just used temp = application.DisplayAlerts and debug.print temp and that
reads out "False"? So new question. Why?