-   -   Now I'm Really Confused (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/206060-now-im-really-confused.html)

doss04

Now I'm Really Confused

I have followed the formulas given for clicking a cell and the time or date
appears. it worked for a few days. I opened my workbook to start using some
of the forms i made and the time and dates don't show. When i open the code
window, the formula is still there. Did i miss something?

Max

Now I'm Really Confused

Rule out calculation mode being inadvertently set to Manual. Take a moment to
check that calc mode is set to Auto, via clicking Tools Options
Calculation tab.
--
Max
Singapore
"doss04" wrote:
I have followed the formulas given for clicking a cell and the time or date
appears. it worked for a few days. I opened my workbook to start using some
of the forms i made and the time and dates don't show. When i open the code
window, the formula is still there. Did i miss something?

doss04

Now I'm Really Confused

Thanks that worked. Another question if possible. the cells are set for time
when i click on them which is what i wanted. The problem i am having now is
if i click on one of the time cells by mistake. (ie. i dont need the time in
that cell at that time). When i clear it, it erases the formula in that cell.
Any ideas?

"doss04" wrote:
I have followed the formulas given for clicking a cell and the time or date
appears. it worked for a few days. I opened my workbook to start using some
of the forms i made and the time and dates don't show. When i open the code
window, the formula is still there. Did i miss something?

Max

Now I'm Really Confused

Suggest that you post your code,
so that responders versed in vba can help you
--
"doss04" wrote in message
Thanks that worked. Another question if possible. the cells are set for
time
when i click on them which is what i wanted. The problem i am having now
is
if i click on one of the time cells by mistake. (ie. i dont need the time
in
that cell at that time). When i clear it, it erases the formula in that
cell.
Any ideas?

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Now I'm Really Confused

Add a double-click event to do what you want.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"doss04" wrote:
I have followed the formulas given for clicking a cell and the time or
date
appears. it worked for a few days. I opened my workbook to start using
some
of the forms i made and the time and dates don't show. When i open the
code
window, the formula is still there. Did i miss something?

doss04

Now I'm Really Confused

This is what I have for 2) of my docs.
The 1st doc
A B
5 START FINISH
6
7
8
9
This doc is one click time. Some times the finish isn't on the same line.

If Target.Column = 1 Then
If IsEmpty(Target) Then Target.Value = Time
End If
If Target.Column = 2 Then
If IsEmpty(Target) Then Target.Value = Time
End If
If Target.Column = 12 Then
If IsEmpty(Target) Then Target.Value = Time
End If
If Target.Column = 10 Then
If IsEmpty(Target) Then Target.Value = Date

the date is for a seperate cell

The 2nd doc
A B C D E
1 DATE ACCT# ARR CLR TOTAL
2
3
4
5

If Target.Column = 3 Then
If IsEmpty(Target) Then Target.Value = Time
End If
If Target.Column = 4 Then
If IsEmpty(Target) Then Target.Value = Time
End If
If Target.Column = 1 Then
If IsEmpty(Target) Then Target.Value = Date

Again the ARR and the CLR is the concern. If I accidently click on the ARR
/ CLR cells and dont need the cells,The whole formula is gone.

tried a double click in the beginning it didn't work maybe i missed
something from the post.