-   -   Summing cells within a column based on cell fill color (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/205560-summing-cells-within-column-based-cell-fill-color.html)

Jim D.

Summing cells within a column based on cell fill color

I'm trying to sum cells within a single column based on the cell fill color.
There will be a maximum of three individual colors. I'm assuming this
something with either the SUMIF or SUMIFS function, but can't quite get there.

Thanks,

Jim D.

Gary''s Student

Summing cells within a column based on cell fill color

See:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Colors.aspx

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200806

"Jim D." wrote:

I'm trying to sum cells within a single column based on the cell fill color.
There will be a maximum of three individual colors. I'm assuming this
something with either the SUMIF or SUMIFS function, but can't quite get there.

Thanks,

Jim D.

Jim D.[_2_]

Summing cells within a column based on cell fill color

Thank You. Pretty intense for an Excel intermediate, but I'll try to figure
it out.

Jim D.