-   -   HELP - Running Macros in VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/20466-help-running-macros-vba.html)

Louise

HELP - Running Macros in VBA

Why (&%¤#"!!!) are my macros in VBA not running? I have copied small Macros
from reliable sources on the Internet to Modules in Excel, but I can't make
them run?! What can I be doing wrong?

One example:

Sub DeleteBlankRows2()
'Deletes the entire row within the selection if _
some of the cells WITHIN THE SELECTION contain no data.
On Error Resume Next
Selection.EntireRow.SpecialCells(xlBlanks).EntireR ow.Delete
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

Don Guillett

I just placed this macro into a REGULAR module and it ran fine by f5 at the
macro.

Where did you put it and how are you trying to execute.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Louise" wrote in message
Why (&%¤#"!!!) are my macros in VBA not running? I have copied small

Macros
from reliable sources on the Internet to Modules in Excel, but I can't

make
them run?! What can I be doing wrong?

One example:

Sub DeleteBlankRows2()
'Deletes the entire row within the selection if _
some of the cells WITHIN THE SELECTION contain no data.
On Error Resume Next
Selection.EntireRow.SpecialCells(xlBlanks).EntireR ow.Delete
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

JE McGimpsey

Are you putting the macro in a regular code module rather than a
workbook or worksheet code module?

Do you have your security set to something other than High?

How are you trying to initiate the macro?

In article ,
Louise wrote:

Why (&%°Ë#"!!!) are my macros in VBA not running? I have copied small Macros
from reliable sources on the Internet to Modules in Excel, but I can't make
them run?! What can I be doing wrong?

One example:

Sub DeleteBlankRows2()
'Deletes the entire row within the selection if _
some of the cells WITHIN THE SELECTION contain no data.
On Error Resume Next
Selection.EntireRow.SpecialCells(xlBlanks).EntireR ow.Delete
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

Louise

I enter a workbook. Open the MVB editor. I put the code in a module (Insert
Module) in the Modules folder under the VBAProjects (PERSON.XLS), and I tried
to run the Macro from the workbook which I have entered Microsoft Visual
Basic through. Is this right?

"Louise" wrote in message
Why (&%¤#"!!!) are my macros in VBA not running? I have copied small

Macros
from reliable sources on the Internet to Modules in Excel, but I can't

make
them run?! What can I be doing wrong?

One example:

Sub DeleteBlankRows2()
'Deletes the entire row within the selection if _
some of the cells WITHIN THE SELECTION contain no data.
On Error Resume Next
Selection.EntireRow.SpecialCells(xlBlanks).EntireR ow.Delete
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

JE McGimpsey

That should work.

What about my other questions?

In article ,
Louise wrote:

I enter a workbook. Open the MVB editor. I put the code in a module (Insert
Module) in the Modules folder under the VBAProjects (PERSON.XLS), and I tried
to run the Macro from the workbook which I have entered Microsoft Visual
Basic through. Is this right?

Louise

Do you have your security set to something other than High?
I have set this to low

How are you trying to initiate the macro?

I am trying to run it by Alt+F8 and then running it? Can it be something I
have not installed?

Louise wrote:

I enter a workbook. Open the MVB editor. I put the code in a module (Insert
Module) in the Modules folder under the VBAProjects (PERSON.XLS), and I tried
to run the Macro from the workbook which I have entered Microsoft Visual
Basic through. Is this right?

JE McGimpsey

Are you sure the macro isn't running?

If you set a breakpoint at the first line, is the sub entered? What
happens when you step through it?

Try removing the "On Error Resume Next" - do you get an error message?