-   -   How can I save Excel file to A CD (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/201355-how-can-i-save-excel-file-cd.html)

Juleslib

How can I save Excel file to A CD

I need to save An excel file to A CD, so I can view and work with it on A
laptop.
I am useing office 2003

Gordon[_6_]

"Juleslib" wrote in message
I need to save An excel file to A CD, so I can view and work with it on A
laptop.
I am useing office 2003

Save it to your HDD and then use your burning software to put it onto a CD.
However, a CD is 700 MB - that's an absolutely ENORMOUS file. You'd be
better off with either a USB memory stick, or emailing it...

John C[_2_]

How can I save Excel file to A CD

You need to have a CD burner, and CD burner software. And I assume you would
need that on the laptop as well, otherwise you couldn't save updates done on
the laptop back to the cd.

Personal recommendation, get a USB drive, much, MUCH simpler. And if you
have xl2003, then you should most definitely have some USB ports.
--
John C

"Juleslib" wrote:

I need to save An excel file to A CD, so I can view and work with it on A
laptop.
I am useing office 2003

John C[_2_]

How can I save Excel file to A CD

By USB drive, I meant a thumbdrive/memstick, not an external HD.
--
John C

"Juleslib" wrote:

I need to save An excel file to A CD, so I can view and work with it on A
laptop.
I am useing office 2003

Juleslib

How can I save Excel file to A CD

Thank You, I will get A USB drive

"Juleslib" wrote:

I need to save An excel file to A CD, so I can view and work with it on A
laptop.
I am useing office 2003

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

How can I save Excel file to A CD

And remember to save to your hd first, then copy over to the USB drive. Else
you risk corrupted files due to the way Excel save files and whatnot using
temp files on the hd.

Peo Sjoblom