-   -   Making a drop down list read info from another tab / worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/201291-making-drop-down-list-read-info-another-tab-worksheet.html)

Paul

Making a drop down list read info from another tab / worksheet

Hi All,

Would anyone know if it's possible to read info into a drop down from a list
in another tab in a spreadsheet - and if so how to do it?

I'm not sure if this is possible, but one of my managers is sure it can be
done easily.

Rgds,

Paul

Ron@Buy

Making a drop down list read info from another tab / worksheet

See:
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...#comment-34646

under heading Conditional data validation

Hope this helps

"Paul" wrote:

Hi All,

Would anyone know if it's possible to read info into a drop down from a list
in another tab in a spreadsheet - and if so how to do it?

I'm not sure if this is possible, but one of my managers is sure it can be
done easily.

Rgds,

Paul

Roger Govier[_3_]

Making a drop down list read info from another tab / worksheet

Hi Paul

take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site.
It contains all the information you want about Data validation

Regards
Roger Govier

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi All,

Would anyone know if it's possible to read info into a drop down from a
list
in another tab in a spreadsheet - and if so how to do it?

I'm not sure if this is possible, but one of my managers is sure it can be
done easily.

Rgds,

Paul

Paul

Making a drop down list read info from another tab / worksheet

Thanks Ron,

It works great!

Paul

"Paul" wrote:

Hi All,

Would anyone know if it's possible to read info into a drop down from a list
in another tab in a spreadsheet - and if so how to do it?

I'm not sure if this is possible, but one of my managers is sure it can be
done easily.

Rgds,

Paul

Ron@Buy

Making a drop down list read info from another tab / worksheet

Glad I could help, thanks for the feedback

"Paul" wrote:

Thanks Ron,

It works great!

Paul