-   -   Membership List (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/200970-membership-list.html)

Marge at large

Membership List

When text wrapping addresses, phone #'s in a cell, looks right in print
preview, then prints data out of order.

Thanks in advance.

Ron@Buy

Membership List

To help give guidance, give an example (e.g. is the address and phone # in
the same cell, what do you mean by 'out of order' ?)

"Marge at large" wrote:

When text wrapping addresses, phone #'s in a cell, looks right in print
preview, then prints data out of order.

Thanks in advance.

Marge at large[_2_]

Membership List

phone numbers text wrapped in one cell as; 808-222-4444, (centered in cell)

310-444-2222
When checking it in "Print Preview" it appears correctly, when printed, it
appears something like this; (left aligned) 808-222-4444

310-

444-2222

"Marge at large" wrote:

When text wrapping addresses, phone #'s in a cell, looks right in print
preview, then prints data out of order.

Thanks in advance.

Ron@Buy

Membership List

Unfortunately because of the constraints of this window, where we are typing,
your presentation of the #s is 'wrapping' and I am unable to ascertain what
you are trying to achieve!
Why are the phone #s 'wrapped'?
What do you mean by 'it appears correctly'?

My initial advice is to check the number of spaces between your two phone #s.
If you want the second # wrapped below the first, put the cursor at the end
of the first # and press Alt Enter (remove any spaces) this will place the
second # on the 'line' below (then Format Centre).
Also I have experienced that column widths are not always 100% truely
represented in "Print Preview", try minor adjustments to your column width,
this may help.
Come back with further info if this doesn't work.