-   -   Can't you edit the color palette in Excel 2007? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/200752-cant-you-edit-color-palette-excel-2007-a.html)

Lisa

Can't you edit the color palette in Excel 2007?

I KNOW you could edit the colors in previous versions of Excel. You could
even edit the "default" colors (edit then save as template). But in Excel
2007, I can't find a way to do any of that, and I don't see a single mention
of the ability to do that in the help files or online support. Did Microsoft
forget about how neat this was? I mean really, am I the only one that liked
that feature?

I want that bold royal blue text (not available in 2007 unless you select a
"Custom" color). I want that pale shade of yellow highlight (not available
in 2007 unless you select a "Custom" color). I want to be able to customize
the entire color palette that I start with each time I open Excel. What
happened to this ability, does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Ed Ferrero[_2_]

Can't you edit the color palette in Excel 2007?

Hi Lisa,

Look in the Page Layout Ribbon, Colors, Create New Theme Colors...

If that is not to your liking, you might want to check out Andrew Engwirda's
Classic Colors for Excel 2007 Add-In at
http://blog.livedoor.jp/andrewe/archives/50567503.html

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com