-   -   Excel Database (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/19914-excel-database.html)

jont

Excel Database

I have a database I need to split equally in half by selecting every other
lead. Is there a quick way to Select the odd numbered rows(or even numbered
rows) of data(each row comprises one lead with it's info) cut those selected
rows and then paste them to a new workbook, and then collapse the empty cells
in the first worbook? It is a largfe list and I don't want to do this by
hand. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Ed Ferrero

Hi joint,

Insert a column to the left of your data.
Type "odd" in the top cell of your new column.
Type ":even" in the next cell of the new column.
Select both cells.
Click on the little square at the bottom right of the selection box,
and drag down to copy "odd" and "even" as far down as you need.
Select all the data including the new column.
Sort by the new column - all the "odd" and "even" rows are together now,
so you can select and cut-and-paste.

Ed Ferrero