-   -   #N/A error messages (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/198988-n-error-messages.html)

Loren Newton

#N/A error messages

I am trying to sum a colume that has some cells with '#N/A'. The cell with
the total, displays a '#N/A' now. How can I have that cell display the total
of the numbers entered when there are the errors in the sumed cells. Thanks.

Gary''s Student

#N/A error messages

=SUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:A100),0,A1:A100))

an array formula. Must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather than just
the ENTER key.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200800

"Loren Newton" wrote:

I am trying to sum a colume that has some cells with '#N/A'. The cell with
the total, displays a '#N/A' now. How can I have that cell display the total
of the numbers entered when there are the errors in the sumed cells. Thanks.

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

#N/A error messages

=SUMIF(A:A,"<"&99^99)

if you want to sum column A, entered normally

Peo Sjoblom