-   -   total of multiple rows + multiply (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/198893-total-multiple-rows-multiply.html)

Israel

total of multiple rows + multiply

I have column A (10 rows with different amounts)
column B (10 rows with different amounts)
I need the total from column B once it was multiplied by A

I can do column C A*B and then B1:B10. What would be the formula without
creating column C
--
smile

T. Valko

total of multiple rows + multiply

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A10,B1:B10)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"israel" wrote in message
I have column A (10 rows with different amounts)
column B (10 rows with different amounts)
I need the total from column B once it was multiplied by A

I can do column C A*B and then B1:B10. What would be the formula
without
creating column C
--
smile