-   -   Multiple user excel file (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/198697-multiple-user-excel-file.html)

Nithin

Multiple user excel file

I want to create an excel file which can be use by multiple user at a time
and the data updated in these files should bet stored in a centralized user
file. I don't know how to go about it. Could you please help me out with
this? I have created that input excel file using forms.

Yong Heng

Multiple user excel file

one way to do it is to create multiple excel files and use a master file to
link them all.

e.g. create 4 files, master.xls, user1.xls, user2.xls, user3.xls
formula in master.xls:

A B C
=[user1.xls]Sheet1!A1. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!B1. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!C1
=[user2.xls]Sheet1!A2. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!B2. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!C2
=[user3.xls]Sheet1!A3. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!B3. =[user1.xls]Sheet1!C3

for this example to work all the files must reside in the same file
directory. another way is to use the same idea but implement it on different
worksheet tabs.

hope this helps.

Yong Heng