-   -   selecting 20 closest values from a list of 200 values (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/198533-selecting-20-closest-values-list-200-values.html)

Michele

selecting 20 closest values from a list of 200 values

Hi there

I have a list of 200 schools in a list and each of them has a numeric value.
I want to be able to extract in groups of 20 the schools with the closest
values to every single school on the list.

Can anyone please help as it's driving me mad!!!

--
Michele

Gary''s Student

selecting 20 closest values from a list of 200 values

Just sort the list by scores. This will put schools with similar scores
"close together".

Then the top 20 will be the first group, the next 20 will be the second
group, etc.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200799