-   -   How do I conditionally insert text into a cell on Excel 2007? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/198008-how-do-i-conditionally-insert-text-into-cell-excel-2007-a.html)

RobertTFB

How do I conditionally insert text into a cell on Excel 2007?

I am using Excel 2007. I am trying to insert text into a cell based on the
value of the cell next to it. Example If NO is typed into cell B1, I want to
insert EXPLAIN in cell B1

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

How do I conditionally insert text into a cell on Excel 2007?

I assume you meant C1 or else you would need an event macro

=IF(B1="No","Explain","")

since you didn't mention what you want if it is not "No" I made it blank

Peo Sjoblom