-   -   txt to excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/197912-txt-excel.html)

kiran

txt to excel

Hi All,

I am trying to open the txt file in excel, when I change Date into text to
column I get same heading repeated in between the rows, can any one give me a
macro to remove the repeated heading and remove the blank rows.

TIA

Dave Peterson

txt to excel

I would do it manually.

Either apply data|filter|autofilter to the range and then filter to show the
rows to be deleted (then delete them).

or

sort the data by the column.
It'll be easy to delete the rows since they're grouped together.
(This does assume that the data can be sorted, though.)

--

Dave Peterson