-   -   calculating per quarter (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/196190-calculating-per-quarter.html)

bklex

calculating per quarter

I want my spreadsheet to calculate days per quarter, as in every quarter
employees are given 'x' days of vacation time. How do I do this?

Wigi

calculating per quarter

Hi

If you put the number of the quarter in cell A1 (so 1, 2, 3 or 4), and the
year in A2, then put in:

B1: =DATE(A2,(A1-1)*3+1,1) to get the begin date of the quarter
C1: =DATE(A2,A1*3,0) to get the ending date of the quarter
D1: =C1-B1 to get the number of days in between

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"bklex" wrote:

I want my spreadsheet to calculate days per quarter, as in every quarter
employees are given 'x' days of vacation time. How do I do this?

skirkpatrick

Works great with the following small mod:

A1: The quarter (so 1, 2, 3 or 4),
A2: The year (eg 2012),
B1: =DATE(A2,(A1-1)*3+1,1)
C1: =DATE(A2,A1*3+1,0)