-   -   increasing size of dropdown menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/195147-increasing-size-dropdown-menu.html)

Clueless

increasing size of dropdown menu

I currently have a list using validation and only so many line show up in the
drop down box. Is there a way to increase the size of the drop down box?
--
Clueless

StumpedAgain

increasing size of dropdown menu

If you're using a combobox you can right click it, go to format control,
under the control tab you can specify how many drop down lines you want.

Is that what you're looking for?
--
-SA

"Clueless" wrote:

I currently have a list using validation and only so many line show up in the
drop down box. Is there a way to increase the size of the drop down box?
--
Clueless

Clueless

increasing size of dropdown menu

Thanks. I tried but no joy. This is the list I have created elsewhere in the
sheet to use as the validation list. When I right click on the dropdown box
it merely selects the line I am right-clicking on. I want more of my list to
show in the dropdown box.
--
Clueless

"Clueless" wrote:

I currently have a list using validation and only so many line show up in the
drop down box. Is there a way to increase the size of the drop down box?
--
Clueless

StumpedAgain

increasing size of dropdown menu

It appears that it's not possible to increase the size of the validation drop
down list. The combo box is the alternative that will allow you to do this.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...F-21CD47A35781

--
-SA

"Clueless" wrote:

I currently have a list using validation and only so many line show up in the
drop down box. Is there a way to increase the size of the drop down box?
--
Clueless

[email protected]

increasing size of dropdown menu

link now goes to a different irrelevant page.

On Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:09:01 PM UTC-4, StumpedAgain wrote:
It appears that it's not possible to increase the size of the validation drop down list. The combo box is the alternative that will allow you to do this. http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...F-21CD47A35781 -- -SA"Clueless" wrote: Thanks. I tried but no joy. This is the list I have created elsewhere in the sheet to use as the validation list. When I right click on the dropdown box it merely selects the line I am right-clicking on. I want more of my list to show in the dropdown box. -- Clueless "StumpedAgain" wrote: If you're using a combobox you can right click it, go to format control, under the control tab you can specify how many drop down lines you want. Is that what you're looking for? -- -SA "Clueless" wrote: I currently have a list using validation and only so many line show up in the drop down box. Is there a way to increase the size of the drop down box? -- Clueless