-   -   Sumproduct with "contains" variable (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/194920-sumproduct-contains-variable.html)

Lee

Sumproduct with "contains" variable

When you filter a column in Excel 2007, there is an option of "contains" to
choose. Is it possible to use "contains" in a sumproduct() formulae as one
of the arrays or do I have to list the possibilities in each of the
variables? Surely there must be a way to use wildcard characters of ? or *
or something to pass this on in the formulae.
If so, how?
Thanks,

--
Lee Coleman

Dave Peterson

Sumproduct with "contains" variable

=sumproduct(--(isnumber(search("sometext",a1:a10))),
--(b1:b10="somethingelse"),
(c1:c10))

Lee wrote:

When you filter a column in Excel 2007, there is an option of "contains" to
choose. Is it possible to use "contains" in a sumproduct() formulae as one
of the arrays or do I have to list the possibilities in each of the
variables? Surely there must be a way to use wildcard characters of ? or *
or something to pass this on in the formulae.
If so, how?
Thanks,

--
Lee Coleman

--

Dave Peterson

Lee

Sumproduct with "contains" variable

Thank you so very much. It is too simple.
Thanks again,
Lee

*