-   -   can I convert adobe pdf (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/193132-can-i-convert-adobe-pdf.html)

DP

can I convert adobe pdf

can i convert this file to excel? Using excel 2003, Windows 2000 Professional

Peo Sjoblom

can I convert adobe pdf

Not by something built in, you would need a 3rd party app
like an OCR program or some excel add-in

Peo Sjoblom

"dp" wrote in message
can i convert this file to excel? Using excel 2003, Windows 2000
Professional

JLatham

can I convert adobe pdf

As Peo said, not with any built-in Excel function. The best success I've had
in converting documents from .pdf to other 'native/original' file formats has
been with a product called OmniPage:
http://www.nuancestore.com/v2.0-img/...standard2.html
it can take a .pdf file and convert to a specified file type. It's the only
thing I've ever found that can take a complex .pdf created from a Word
document and actually come out with anything close to the original layout.
But it obviously is not free.

"dp" wrote:

can i convert this file to excel? Using excel 2003, Windows 2000 Professional

ShaneDevenshire

can I convert adobe pdf

Hi,

What you have to realize is that the purpose of PDF is to allow you to read
and print but not to convert files, so this "lack of a feature" is
intentional.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"dp" wrote:

can i convert this file to excel? Using excel 2003, Windows 2000 Professional

DP

can I convert adobe pdf

Thanks to all for taking time to reply.