-   -   Column disappeared (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/193013-column-disappeared.html)

GayeSF

Column disappeared

I was using a Microsoft template called Dinner Menu with Guests, and had
filled out several rows and columns. I have Office Standard 2007. When I
opened it yesterday, column B had disappeared. There is a graphic and titles
at the top that appear to be frozen panes. I tried unfreezing them, but B
didn't show up. Can it have slid under them somehow? The writing in C
continues underneath A (that is hidden but partial letters showing.) Can
anyone explain in simple terms what caused this and how to get that column
and its information back? Thanks.

Don Guillett

Column disappeared

Somehow you probably either hid the column or the column width is set to 0.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"GayeSF" wrote in message
I was using a Microsoft template called Dinner Menu with Guests, and had
filled out several rows and columns. I have Office Standard 2007. When I
opened it yesterday, column B had disappeared. There is a graphic and
titles
at the top that appear to be frozen panes. I tried unfreezing them, but B
didn't show up. Can it have slid under them somehow? The writing in C
continues underneath A (that is hidden but partial letters showing.) Can
anyone explain in simple terms what caused this and how to get that column
and its information back? Thanks.

ShaneDevenshire

Column disappeared

Hi,

Highlight the column letters A:C and right click any of them and choose
Unhide.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire