-   -   Changing items in cells that are filled using Data Validation List (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/192802-changing-items-cells-filled-using-data-validation-list.html)

akkrug

Changing items in cells that are filled using Data Validation List

Please let me know if there is any way to use formulas to modify cells that
are populated with drop down boxes from the Data Validation menu. One of our
users now wants to change all cells in a range to N/A if the First cell in
the range contains the value "No".

Thanks for all the help!!

Ken
--
akkrug

ShaneDevenshire

Changing items in cells that are filled using Data Validation List

Hi,

You can do that in 2007 but not in 2003. Well in 2003 you probably could
write code to do it, but in 2007 you can use conditional formatting.

Let me know if you want VBA code or if you are using 2007.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"akkrug" wrote:

Please let me know if there is any way to use formulas to modify cells that
are populated with drop down boxes from the Data Validation menu. One of our
users now wants to change all cells in a range to N/A if the First cell in
the range contains the value "No".

Thanks for all the help!!

Ken
--
akkrug

akkrug

Changing items in cells that are filled using Data Validation List

We are supposed to be getting 2007 later this summer, but I'm not holding my
breath! VBA code would be great if it isn't too much trouble. Thanks for
the help!

Ken K.
--
akkrug