-   -   Count Text Data (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/192801-count-text-data.html)

[email protected]

Count Text Data

Using 2007 on Vista

If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there
is a blank, what formula do I use to count how many cells have text in
them per column?

Many thanks

Peo Sjoblom

Count Text Data

=COUNTA(A2:A200)

will count everything except blanks

post back if you have numbers as well that
should not be counted

Peo Sjoblom

wrote in message
Using 2007 on Vista

If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there
is a blank, what formula do I use to count how many cells have text in
them per column?

Many thanks

[email protected]

Count Text Data

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:55:59 -0700, "Peo Sjoblom"
wrote:

=COUNTA(A2:A

[email protected]

Count Text Data

Thanks

I did just that
In my case it's " =COUNTA(A2:A1293)"
I then dragged this formula along the bottom of each column
Despite some columns have less data than in col a, all columns show
the same result 1292
How can this be?

wrote:

=COUNTA(A2:A200)

will count everything except blanks

post back if you have numbers as well that
should not be counted

Roger Govier[_3_]

Count Text Data

Hi
Perhaps you have calculation mode set to Manual

ToolsOptionsCalculationautomatic

--
Regards
Roger Govier