-   -   IF and #N/A (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/192212-if-n.html)

John Calder

IF and #N/A

Hi

I run Excel 2K

I have a VLOOKUP table that returns the value of #N/A in some cells. This is
not a problem.

I am looking to have a formula in an adjacent cell that looks at the #N/A
and returns somthing like this:

=IF(L112=#N/A,"NO","YES)

(I have tired this but it returns the value of #N/A)

I have also tried =IF(VALUE(L112)=#N/A,"NO,"YES) but thie returns #VALUE!

I have also tried putting the #N/A in inverted commas ("#N/A") but this also
does not work.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

John