-   -   Formatting cells with Time data (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/191961-formatting-cells-time-data.html)

yimkhoc

Formatting cells with Time data

I'm trying to set up my spreadsheet to format my cells to hhmm, but every
time I try to enter data into the cells, the system automatically converts
the hours I've entered into a date and leaves the time value at 0

any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Formatting cells with Time data

Are you entering as hh:mm regardless of the cell format?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"yimkhoc" wrote in message
I'm trying to set up my spreadsheet to format my cells to hhmm, but every
time I try to enter data into the cells, the system automatically converts
the hours I've entered into a date and leaves the time value at 0

any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

yimkhoc

Formatting cells with Time data

If I enter as 18:00 with the colon, it's fine, but I'm trying to put together
a timesheet for the office and I wanted to be able to enter 1800 - that's
when I have the problem

"yimkhoc" wrote in message
I'm trying to set up my spreadsheet to format my cells to hhmm, but every
time I try to enter data into the cells, the system automatically converts
the hours I've entered into a date and leaves the time value at 0

any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Formatting cells with Time data

Then you need some software to convert it. See
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

--
HTH

Bob