-   -   Vlookup Table Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/189742-vlookup-table-help.html)

Greg

Vlookup Table Help

Revisiting an eariler issue.

I have an excel document that looks like what I've shown below, in Sheet 1
Column A Column B Column C Column D
1 Origin Airport Destination Airport City Name Airline
2 ABE
3 ABQ
4 ACE
5 ABI

I am trying to create a Vlookup table that will decode the origin airport
code in Col A and display the decoded code with the city name in Column D.

In Sheet 2, my table array I have created looks like this.

Column A Column B
1 Airport Codes City Code
2 ABE Abilene, TX, USA Municipal
3 ABQ Albuquerque, NM, USA Albuquerque International Airport
4 ACE Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain Lanzarote
5 ABI Abilene, TX, USA Municipal

The formula I'm using is =VLOOKUP(A2,'AIRPORT CODES'!$A$2:$B$2989,2,1)
and I'm getting the wrong answer, ( Albacete, Spain Albacete Airport) when
the answer should be Allentown Bethlehem.

How do I correct this?

Greg

Vlookup Table Help

Sorry, in my sentence where I state the answer should be Allentown Bethlehem,
should actually be Abilene, TX, USA Municipal.

This has been a thorn in my side issue all day.

"Greg" wrote:

[...]

Max

Vlookup Table Help

Think all that's needed is to make it search for an exact match:
=VLOOKUP(A2,'AIRPORT CODES'!$A$2:$B$2989,2,0)
(use 0 as the 4th param, instead of 1)
--
Max
Singapore