-   -   Quick Find in long drop down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/189404-quick-find-long-drop-down-list.html)

Candyman

Quick Find in long drop down list

I would like to be able to type the first few letters in a cell that uses a
long drop down list and quickly go to the full name in the list without
having to start at the top of the list and scrolling down every time.
--
Joe

Learning Excel

Quick Find in long drop down list

That one I know as one of the good guys answered for me before :
get a COMBO BOX from the control box toolbar, give the properties of the cell
with the dv and move it on top of it.
--
Socrates said: I only know, I don''''''''t know nothing.
I say : I don''''''''t even know, I don''''''''t

"Candyman" wrote:

I would like to be able to type the first few letters in a cell that uses a
long drop down list and quickly go to the full name in the list without
having to start at the top of the list and scrolling down every time.
--
Joe

Candyman

Quick Find in long drop down list

Sorry, I failed to say I use Excel 2007. I am unfamiliar with combo boxes and
could use more detailed instruction. Also my drop down boxes are data
validation lists if that makes a difference.
--
Joe

"Candyman" wrote:

I would like to be able to type the first few letters in a cell that uses a
long drop down list and quickly go to the full name in the list without
having to start at the top of the list and scrolling down every time.
--
Joe

Debra Dalgleish

Quick Find in long drop down list

You can do this with programming, as explained he

Candyman wrote:
I would like to be able to type the first few letters in a cell that uses a
long drop down list and quickly go to the full name in the list without
having to start at the top of the list and scrolling down every time.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html