-   -   Are there ways to protect multiple sheets at once? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/189323-there-ways-protect-multiple-sheets-once.html)

Monty

Are there ways to protect multiple sheets at once?

I have created a report for our company that covers each day of the month - a
31 page workbook. It looks great, but I now need to protect it. I realize
that I can protect it one worksheet at a time, but this is a bit tedious. I
also know that I can protect the entire workbook from having pages deleated.
What I need to do is protect each page individually, using the same password,
so that none of the formulas are lost. Is there a way to do all 31 sheets at
once or do I have to each of the individually? Thanks.

Sandy Mann

Are there ways to protect multiple sheets at once?

You could do it with a Macro. Something like:

Sub LockIt()
For Each sh In Sheets
sh.Protect password:="Secret"
Next sh

HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Monty" wrote in message
I have created a report for our company that covers each day of the month -
31 page workbook. It looks great, but I now need to protect it. I realize
that I can protect it one worksheet at a time, but this is a bit tedious.
also know that I can protect the entire workbook from having pages
deleated.
What I need to do is protect each page individually, using the same
password,
so that none of the formulas are lost. Is there a way to do all 31 sheets
at
once or do I have to each of the individually? Thanks.

Mike H

Are there ways to protect multiple sheets at once?

Hi,

I'm afraid you have to resort to VB but it's not complicated.
Alt+F11 to open VB editor
right click 'This Workbook' and insert module
Paste these 2 Subs in.

To run then from your worksheet
Tools|Macro|Macros
Select 'This Workbook'
Highlight the macro name and click run

Sub marine()
For x = 1 To Worksheets.Count
Worksheets(x).protect Password:="Mypass"
Next
End Sub

Sub marine1()
For x = 1 To Worksheets.Count
Worksheets(x).Unprotect Password:="Mypass"
Next
End Sub

Mike

"Monty" wrote:

I have created a report for our company that covers each day of the month - a
31 page workbook. It looks great, but I now need to protect it. I realize
that I can protect it one worksheet at a time, but this is a bit tedious. I
also know that I can protect the entire workbook from having pages deleated.
What I need to do is protect each page individually, using the same password,
so that none of the formulas are lost. Is there a way to do all 31 sheets at
once or do I have to each of the individually? Thanks.

Gord Dibben

Are there ways to protect multiple sheets at once?

Sub ProtectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim N As Single
For N = 1 To Sheets.Count